Friday, September 28, 2012

The closeness

Is it reciprocity I wonder,
or a pure mutuality
of the two souls
I, a learning dad
she, a growing daughter.

For having to be away often
on responsibility not forsaken
on assignments to be driven
and she learns about the absence.

An effort to cope with relationship
developing the familiarity and kinship
as I downgrade my vocabulary
for an adventure I reserve no worry

I am beginning to learn
within that split second shift
between eyes and lips
of how she pushes emotional signal
through her two lovely eyes
followed a second later by the beautiful lips
as she assembled little words
as she yelled out loud
as she invited me
as she seek attention
through the journey of closeness

and now I am the learner.....



________________
dienn,
I learn to stay
________________

2 comments: